There are steps you can take to help you organize your life while parenting. Some basic tips that can be very helpful throughout every stage of parenting can be organizing for the week ahead whether or not you are a working mom or a stay at home mom. These tips can provide you with extra time that you didn’t even know you needed. Choosing one or two to start with could possibly help you eliminate some stress that seems to always find a way to enter in, especially when life is happening.
- Iron/prepare your outfits for at least 5 days ahead of time.
- Try to keep a mental picture of your pantry items and groceries. If possible, shop ahead to keep from running out.
- Plan appointments, events, birthdays, etc. (Write these things down on a calendar or put them in your cell phone).
- Pay attention to what works and what doesn’t work in your routine. Sometimes we are looking for answers and solutions that we can see if we take some time to reflect.
- Don’t ignore your body. Pay attention to little signs that may be warning you that you need to slow down or step it up.
- Make sure you have your “front-row” established. Surround yourself with those who are helping you succeed along the way.
- Take a deep breath and stay positive. You can do this!